What is steel structure?
Steel structure is a metal structure which is made of structural steel components connect with each other to carry loads and provide full rigidity. Because of the high strength grade of steel, this structure is reliable and requires less raw materials than other types of structure like concrete structure and timber structure.
In modern construction, steel structures is used for almost every type of structure including heavy industrial building, high-rise building, equipment support system, infrastructure, bridge, tower, airport terminal, heavy industrial plant, pipe rack, etc.
Structural steel is steel construction material which fabricated with a specific shape and chemical composition to suit a project’s applicable specifications.
Depending on each project’s applicable specifications, the steel sections might have various shapes, sizes and gauges made by hot or cold rolling, others are made by welding together flat or bent plates. Common shapes include the I-beam, HSS, Channels, Angles and Plate.
– Steel I-Beam: with an I-shaped cross section
– Hollow Structural Section (HSS): have a hollow structure for squares, rectangles and circles shape
– Steel Angle: with an L-shaped cross section
– Z bar: is a steel bar with a Z-section
– Steel Channel: C-shaped beams or C-shaped cross sections
– Tee: with a T-shaped cross section
– Ray: is a steel bar with a variety of sections, used as a guide bar for cranes, large doors,…
– Bar: a rectangular piece of flat and long rectangular metal, but not too wide to be called a plate
– Rod: round or square piece of metal
– Plate: sheet metal with 4mm or more thickness
– Hollow Joist
Main structural types
Frame structures: Beams and columns
Grids structures: latticed structure or dome
Truss structures: Bar or truss members
Truss bridge: truss members
5 reasons why HGPT Mechanial steel structure is the best choice?
1. Cost savings
Steel structure is the cost leader for most projects in materials and design. It is inexpensive to manufacture and erection, requires less maintenance than other traditional building methods.
2. Fast and Safe
Steel structures is fabricated at factory and rapidly erected at construction site by skilled personnel that makes fast construction process. Minimize noise and dust during the installation, since all steel structures are fabricated at the factory.
It can withstand extreme forces or harsh weather conditions, such as strong winds, earthquakes, hurricanes and heavy snow. They are also unreceptive to rust and, unlike wood frames, they are not affected by termites, bugs, mildew, mold and fungi.
Steel has a natural beauty that most architects can’t wait to take advantage of. Steel allows for long column-free spans and you can have a lot of natural light if you want it in any shape of structures.
If you are looking for a competitive price with high quality steel structure, please contact HGPT Mechanical for more advice.